Thursday, May 14, 2009

ahhh yes... Reflection on this year so far..

I got a package from my mom today and inside was a magnet with my favorite quote:
"Life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself."
Wow, and then it hit me. I wanted to take a moment to jot down my thoughts on life right now at this moment! Things are getting better and I am basking in abundance!!



Its funny to think where I was mentally a year ago, I had just moved out to Portland, barely knew anyone in the Hoop Community... I was unemployed & stressing about it, unsure of what was to come...I didn't even know what direction I wanted to go towards...
so many friends gave me positive words and hopefully thinking, I tried hard not to roll my eyes! But finally...things are coming together !

My personal training clientele is finally building! I actually got productivity bonus this pay term which increased my $ per session a great deal!! finally!!!!! Several of my clients are loosing inches, dropping the pounds and getting closer to their goals! I am leading 2 group training programs, one has 8 people the other has 5 and its a real blast! I love turning up crappy workout beats and working people HARD!! What's even better- my boss believes in me & respects my work! It is an incredible feeling!!

My HOOP life!
WHOOHOO finally broke through my plateau. I felt in a HUGE RUT-my hip and neck pain have really been holding me back, especially working with doubles on the body... I was watching everyones videos and seeing all the new moves and feeling ENVY! argh! she has that move! and that one!!! haha, you know the feeling. Anyways I got the 3-beat weave...FINALLY jeez. that is a boost and a couple other concepts from Rich's diagrammatic hoop workshops..feels good to anti-spin indeed :)

Teaching- wow wow wow. My Diva Den studio classes were going okay.. the attendance was low but the students I did have were GREAT! but it brought down my confidence! Why wasn't anyone attending my classes? Who knows sometimes.... but
Since my Hoopnotica certification I have learned SO much!! and my class is now FULL and I'm looking for a new studio to begin more classes! Things are really taking off,I have ever growing opportunities and tremendous respect for the company and honored to be a part of Hoonpotica! I have more confidence than EVER in my teaching technique and how I can really impact the world in the most positive way possible.

Loving life, thick and thin, its all gravy baby.

Love to all you hoopers!!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
2009 is our year to SHINE!!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Wowie!
    Enjoyed reading your 'hoop story' . . . I'm S in McMinnville (OR) & found hooping in an blurb on Jamie's blog http://starshyneproductions.blogspot.com

    WOW!! Looking into getting (making?) a hoop! I'm an LMT & have just begun teaching Tai Chi again - this looks so fun!! My dau & I are dance junkies, & she says one friend 'hoops' while she's watching TV - who knew??
    would love to be in touch :)

    blessings

    ReplyDelete